About Me

I've worked for CCPL for 17 years all of them in one branch. I have a retired husband, 2 children, a son-in-law, and two grand-kitties, Lexy Jane and Merle, plus 2 cockatiels Little Guy & Missy Link

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Week # 9

20. I visited YouTube and took advantage of the massive number of videos. I watched a British rock music show from 1964. Ready, Steady, Go. They had the Beatles, the Animals, Gerry and the Pacemakers all performing before a live audience not three feet away from them. Similar to American Bandstand but not as polished. I listened to a performance of an old radio show, Our Miss Brooks. The specific program was broadcast in April of 1949. I can see how you could spend a lot of time with YouTube.
21. I explored the websites for locating podcasts, visited some of the more interesting looking sites and viewed some library podcast sites. I was really impressed with the Kankakee, Ill. podcast site because they podcast authors that have presented programs at the library. They're impressive list include Elizabeth Berg, & Lois Lowry. What a wonderful way to expose more people to the programs. I would like to see CCPL do something like this with author programs.
22. I have worked with overdrive and actually downloaded something. More and more customers are interested in using this service.
23. This has been a very horizon broadening experience. There are so many technologies that I wasn't aware of. I have been able to visit flickr,YouTube, Zoho Writer, create a blog add thoughts& pictures. Some of the sites visited I don't think I'll use again but there are so many that I will be using. I've been telling my children about the cool things that the 23 things have enabled me to try. I keep updating my blog and want to keep it beyond the work with the 23 things!